The Founder and CEO of Joadah Consult Joel Aita says many ugandan have the capacity to begin enterprises that would help them break the cycle of poverty the only problem is skills to make it happen and realise their dreams come true.
Here are some of the tis and skills he advises you may require in order to be super in running or doing business in Uganda:
1. Focus. Running your own business requires dealing with any number of factors on any given day. Successful business owners are able to pinpoint their focus in to accomplishing specific tasks and goals at specific times.
2. Resilience. It is a skill to be able to verify the various ups and downs of a business without allowing them to destroy your focus. Truly successful Entrepreneurs are able to continue traveling down the path of success even when the future looks bleak.
3. Management Skills. A successful company requires the right people and successful business owners need to know how to properly manage these people.
4. Long Term Vision. While it is easy to focus on what the company needs to do in the next several days or weeks to be successful, truly exceptional Entrepreneurs (the ones who see real success in their business ventures) are able to plan years ahead of time.
5. Salesmanship. Regardless of what type of company you are running, you need to be able to sell your vision to others in order to become successful. Entrepreneurs need to have great salesmanship skills whether they like it not. Sales and marketing require you to be passionate.
Marketing is what unveils your company to the world regarding your products and services.
6. Self-reliance. This is one of the most important skills any Entrepreneur can possess.
It is vital for a business owner to trust that they can depend on themselves. Never rely on people so much. They may not really be reliable for a long time like you rely on yourself.
7. Self-reflection. The ability to pause, reflect and learn is a very valuable skill for the business owner.
Entrepreneurs must be able to learn from their mistakes and reflect upon what they have learned in life.
8. Learning. The skill of learning and being equipped with knowledge is one that every successful business owner has.
It is also a skill that they never stop developing. Every day we keep learning something new. We should never assume that we know everything.
We should be humble enough to learn all the time for we are life students.
Joel Aita is the CEO Joadah Consult