By Kalyango Ismah
A 30-year-old man living at Kagoonya landing site, Bunyama island in Bujumba Sub County, Kalangala district has blocked his gut leading to his death on friday night (31st Dec) after he choked on a piece of meat.
The deceased, identified only as Kasim Ssegayi, returned home at 5pm Friday while drunk, neighbours told The Homeland Digital.
A Big piece of meat being eaten Kasim Ssegayi,
Ssegayi had for the past four days worked tirelessly collecting money to celebrate the new year.
According to eye witnesses, Ssegayi bought two kilograms of meat from a butcher in the morning to cook for his 1st January celebrations.
According to a source who also attended the event to The Homeland Newspaper that, the Ssegayi [Late] had invited almost all his friends to attend the festivities. They were all in a jolly mood until the eventuality.
Upon failing to remove the piece of meat from the throat, colleagues tried to hit Ssegayi’s back for rescue but failed until he breathed his last before taken to medical facility.
He was later taken to Kalangala Health Center IV where he died upon reaching the casualty ward.
Kalangala Health Center IV in charge Micheal Suuna said he was dismayed that the big piece of meat chocked Ssegayi causing his instant death yet he would have been saved by simple first aid.
Among the first aid given to a person chocked is by hitting his back until the object leaves one’s throat.