First Son Gen.Muhoozi Kainerugaba Rubbishes Death Rumours

“Some friends of mine like Alan Kasujja told me that some enemies were declaring me dead, or very ill from Covid-19. I’m very well. This is the third time in my military career that enemies are claiming I’m dead. The funny thing is every time they do that Almighty God blesses me more,” Muhoozi said in a tweet.

0
1178
Gen.Muhoozi Kainerugaba, new Commander Land forces. Courtesy/Photo

By Nasser Kasozi Akandwanaho

The First son and Commander of the Land Forces in the UPDF, Lt Gen Muhoozi Kainerugaba has dismissed rumors declaring him dead.

On weekend, social media was awash with rumours that his father, President Yoweri Museveni had fallen critically ill and flown to Germany for further treatment.

However, this later turned out to be false after Museveni presided over launching of the World Health Summit Regional Meeting at Speke Resort Munyonyo, on Sunday.

This, however, didn’t stop some social media users from cooking up more unfounded rumours.

Another section of social media users later turned guns to first son, Muhoozi with claims that he had contracted Covid-19 and was very ill while others announced him dead.

Today, On his official Twitter account (@mKainerugaba), Muhoozi came out to debunk the death rumors, declaring himself very well.

https://twitter.com/mkainerugaba?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1409409921507004418%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnilepost.co.ug%2F2021%2F06%2F28%2Ffirst-son-muhoozi-rubbishes-death-rumours%2F

He noted, this is not the first time the people he termed as his ‘enemies’ have announced him ill or dead.

“Some friends of mine like Alan Kasujja told me that some enemies were declaring me dead, or very ill from Covid-19. I’m very well. This is the third time in my military career that enemies are claiming I’m dead. The funny thing is every time they do that Almighty God blesses me more,” Muhoozi said in a tweet.

On Thursday last week, Muhoozi who previously served as the Special Forces Commander was appointed command land forces and replaced by Brig Peter Chandia who had been his deputy.

Muhoozi is expected to assume his new responsibilities this week.

Email:homelandnewspaper@gmail.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here