By HOMELAND MEDIA TEAM
Minister for the Presidency Hon. Milly Babalanda has opened the Pubilc Administrators’ Association of Uganda (PAAU) 3rd Forum at Hotel Brovad in Masaka and challenged the public service administrators to deliver timely and quality services to the people .
“ I challenge you not to wait for President Yoweri Museveni to do your work. The survival and efficiency of government lies with you and if government fails on its mandate you will not survive ,” Babalanda stated.
The meeting was held under the theme “Public Service Efficiency and Effectiveness: Leveraging Recent Reforms to Revamp the Administrative Service”.
The forum is organised by Office of the President and the PAAU Executive. Over 150 Administrators (from Assistant Secretary to Under Secretary) attended the annual meeting
In attendance was Secretary Office of the President, Hajji Yunus Kakande.
Among the Speakers at the event included the former Vice President of Uganda, Dr. Specioza Wandira Kazibwe Naigaga ,Otana Ekyeeru who discussed with the administrators on the subject of the need for National Health Insurance.
The forum was also addressed by Dr Pius Bigirimana, PS and Secretary Judiciary who tackled the topic “ A Public Servant with a Private Sector Mind.”
The forum also held elections for the PAAU Executive that will steer the Association for 3 years (2023/2026). The following were elected as office bearers.
*LIST OF NEWLY ELECTED PAAU EXECUTIVE 2023-2026*
1. Chairperson – Dr. E. F. Mugunga (re-elected)
2. Vice Chairperson – Ms. Catherine Nassuna
3. General Secretary – Mr. Gessa Nathan Dawunah (re-elected)
4. Treasurer – Mr. Lukwago Rajab
5. Publicity – Ms. Annet Kiraza
6. Rep. OP – Mr. Tonny Mulambe
7. Rep. US’ – Ms. Jane M. Akurut
8. Rep. PAS’ – Mr. Mukoka Yusuf
9. Rep. SAS’ – Ms. Arwako Claudia
10. Rep. AS’ – Mr. Alex Arikiriza
PAAU REPRESENTATIVES TO UGANDA ASSOCIATION OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATORS AND MANAGERS (UAPAM) the Uganda Chapter of AAPAM.
1. Direct Member – Mr. Kigenyi Benon
2. Young Professionals – Ms. Dorcus Nankunda
Dr. Mugunga was in April this year elected Treasurer of the UAPAM
Deputy Head of Service and Deputy Secretary to Cabinet Deborah Katuramu will be closing the Forum.