By Nasser Kasozi Akandwanaho
The President of Uganda and commander-in-chief of the armed forces Yoweri Museveni has on Thursday shuffled and appointed new Permanent Secretaries for different ministries and Commissions.
In the reshuffle, President Museveni appointed, dropped and transferred various permanent secretaries.
Newcomers include among others, Makerere University Lecturer, Dr. Ramathan Ggoobi who replaces Keith Muhakanizi as Permanent Secretary at Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development.
Keith Muhakanizi has been transferred to the Office of the Prime Minister.
Dr. Diana Atwine has been maintained as Permanent Secretary at Ministry of Health.
Dr.Asuman Lukwago has been retained as Secretary to Education Service Commission.
See full list below:
By virtue of the Powers given to the President by Article 174 (2) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, I hereby, appoint the following as Permanent Secretaries as indicated below:
1. Head of Public Service and – Lucy Nakyobe Secretary to Cabinet
2. Deputy Head of Public Service – Deborah Katuramu And Secretary to Cabinet
3. State House Comptroller – Jane Barekye
4. Principal Private Secretary to – Dr. Kenneth Omona to the President
5. Principal Private Secretary to – Alex Kakooza H.E. the Vice President
6. Office of the Prime Minister – Keith Muhakanizi
7. Office of the President – Yunus Kakande
8. Ministry of Agriculture, Animal – David Kyomukama Industry and Fisheries Kasura (Maj. Gen.)
9. Ministry of Defence and – Rosette Byengoma Veteran Affairs
10. Ministry of Education and – Kate Lamaro Sports
11. Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development – Batebe Irene
12. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Vincent Bagiire
13. Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development – Ramathan Ngobi
14. Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development – Aggrey Kibenge
15. Ministry of Health – Dr. Diana Atwiine
16. Ministry of Internal Affairs – Joseph Musanyufu (Lt. Gen)
17. Ministry of Information, Communication, Technology – Dr. Amina Zawedde
18. Ministry of Justice Robert Kasande
19. Ministry of Lands, Housing – Dorcas Okalany
20. Ministry of Local Government – Benjamin Kumumanya
21 Ministry of Trade, Industry Geraldine Ssali
22. Ministry of Public Service – Catherine Bitarakwaate
23. Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife – Doreen Katusiime
24. Ministry of Water – Alfred Okidi
25. Ministry of Works – Bageya Waiswa
26. Secretary to the Judiciary – Pius Bigirimana
27. Health Service Commission – Mary T. Wenene
28. Public Service Commission – Dr. Godfrey Mbabazi
29. Judicial Service Commission – Dr. Nassali Lukwago
30. Ministry of Science, Technology And innovation – Abolished and retired
31. Ministry of East African Community Affairs – Edith Mwanje
32. Ethics and Integrity – Alex O. Okello
33. Clerk to Parliament – Hon. Adolf Mwesige
34 Inspectorate of Government – Kafeero Rose
35 Education Service Commission – Dr. Asuman Lukwago
Yoweri K. Museveni
P R E S I D E N T
15th July, 2021